SUMMARY OF RAJIV DIXIT’S LECTURES DAY FOUR
1. Fix time for food. Our body is not made to eat anything at anytime. This time needs to be in accordance with the timing of JATHARAAGNI. Jatharaagni is at highest for 2.5 hours after sunrise. This will depend upon your location. This is the time to have the biggest meal of the day.
2. Its best to have your lunch in this time window for maximum benefit.
3. Around noon one can have a lighter meal or juice, fruits, chhaas etc.
4. Evening meal should be had while sun is still out. Once sun sets jatharaagni becomes dormant.
5. Best to have dinner upto 40 minutes before sunset.
6. In the night only a liquid is to be taken. Best is milk.
7. This is extremely important for patients of diabetes, asthma, vaat ke rog. Within 3 months you will find significant improvements in your health. Sugar,
cholesterol etc respond miraculously within 3 months.
8. Different organs work best at different times of the day. e.g. heart is working hardest 2.5 hrs before Brahma Muhoort. i.e. between 1.30 till about 4am. Maximum heart attacks happen in this duration. Max heart attacks happen in this time duration. This list is available in RD’s books.
9. If you are eating again in the noon, then it should be lighter than lunch (or morning meal). Dinner should be even lighter.
10. All the heavy foods like stuffed parathaas, sweets etc should be had in the morning meal.
11. What you like best you should eat in the morning. So that you can eat your fill. This will ensure you are mentally satisfied as well as physically. This is of extreme importance. If you are fulfilled with the food you are eating, the Pineal gland will be most active and you will stay healthier as well as happier.
12. Those who are not mentally satisfied with food that they are eating get many mental/psychological problems in due course of time. Mental tension, depression can be an outcome of this. 27 types of ailments can result out of this.
13. All diurnal jeev jantu eat their meals early in the morning as far as possible.
14. Dr. Ravindranath Shanbagh has tried to make monkeys fall ill for almost 15-17 years. He has tried everything possible to get a monkey to fall ill, including injecting etc all types of viruses and bacteria into the monkey’s body but monkey ko kuchh nahin hota hai… J Hanumaan ji ki jai J J
15. Monkey has the best RH factor in all living beings. We are also comparing our RH factor to that of a monkey. Dr. Shanbagh has inferred that this phenomenal ability is primarily due to the fact that a monkey eats a full stomach early in the mornings. He started asking his patients to eat their biggest meals in the morning and these patients all recorded significant improvements in their health from serious diseases.
16. Breakfast is not needed. It should be replaced by a heavy full meal i.e. lunch. Also, it is not an Indian requirement based on our jal vaayu but is an import from the West. Just 2 generations back all of us used to have the biggest meal first thing in the morning.
2. SOOTRA - Never eat opposite products together. Doodh and dahi, any item made of these two should not be taken together.
1. Doodh and dahi and doodh and gud don’t go together.
2. Honey and ghee are poison if taken together. This can be taken together only when cow mutra is used to counter negative effect.
3. Gud and ghee go well together.
4. Kathal/Jackfruit never with milk.
5. Onion and milk are poison together. – max probs of skin will happen due to this combo.
6. All sour fruits don’t go with milk except aamla. Even mango should be taken with milk only when it is completely ripe and sweet.
7. Dwidal daals and dahi. Exception is to heat dahi, baghaar ke (ajwain, heeng ka chhaunk). Specially applicable to Urad daal. Urad ke saath baghaar ke bhi naa khaayen. In experimenting with this Rajiv Dixit’s BP went up by upto 25%!!!! If this is done regularly it will obviously lead to heart and BP problems.
8. Dahi – vadaa is hence taboo. Agar dahi vadaa khaanaa hi hai to moong daal ka vadaa banaye. Extremely important in order to stay healthy.
3. SOOTRA – partake of food only sitting on the floor in Sukhasana. Sitting in this asana makes the Jatharaagni teevra. Sitting on a chair reduces the teevrata and standing up reduces it completely.
1. Keep the food plate a little bit higher above the floor.
2. For people who do a lot of physical work the best option is to eat in a squatting position.
3. This posture will help in reducing the paunch. Dining table will make the paunch grow bigger.
4. Dining table should be banished from your home.
4. SOOTRA – Must rest lying down on your left side after morning/noon meals. This is very important for Jatharaagni to work well since lying on left side activates the Pingala (soorya) naadi on the right side of the body and this in turn activates the Jatharaagni.
1. If you are healthy then the moment you start eating food the Soorya Naadi should get activated automatically.
2. This rest should be between 20 to 40 minutes. Its ok to take a nap if one feels sleepy.
3. Many companies in countries like Mexico, Australia and Brazil etc have researched and found that the productivity of employees who are allowed to rest after lunch increases by upto 300%. Some of these countries were likely to make laws to this effect in around 2008. Lot of research is happening in Europe and US on this sootra.
5. SOOTRA – Never rest after dinner for at least 2 hours. This is because sun has set and hence the biochemistry etc is completely different now.
1. Sleeping soon after dinner will invite diseases like heart attack, diabetes, BP etc.
6. SOOTRA – In case you are unable to follow both these sootras then sit in Vajra asana for atleast 10 minutes after meals. This is the only asana allowed after food according to yoga.
7. SOOTRA – Your ‘Mana’ and ‘chitta’ should be ‘shaant’ i.e. relaxed and peaceful. One way to achieve this is to pray or utter a mantra.
8. SOOTRA – While lying down head should always be pointing towards sun i.e. east.
1. The next best is South.
2. Never sleep with head pointing towards North. North is the direction of ‘death’ for sleeping. Though it is very good for various other activities.
3. Householders should keep head towards South while sleeping while Brahmchaaries should keep head towards East.
9. SOOTRA – take your weight divide by 10 and then subtract 2 from the result. This many liters of water can be had per day.
Nov 25, 2013