SUMMARY OF RAJIV DIXIT’S LECTURES DAY THREE
1. SOOTRA - Bhojanante Visham Vaari – drinking water at the end of a meal is akin to drinking poison. It kills the Jathaaragni (that aspect of prana or energy which enables the body to digest food) thereby making the food rot inside the system instead of getting digested. This in turn leads to excess acid and gas being produced in the system and a very vicious cycle starts. Mharishi Waghbhat has identified 103 ailments that occur as a result of drinking water after having eaten food.
1. The minimum gap between food and water should be between 1.5 to 2.5 hrs. This also varies based on geographic and other conditions and the duration is higher in the mountains and lower in plains and hot areas. This is because the body’s ability to digest food varies with the ambient conditions.
2. Water drunk before food should be drunk at least 40 minutes before eating food.
3. To clean the mouth and throat after food only one or two sips of warm/gunguna water can be had.
4. If really thirsty, one can have fresh juice of seasonal fruits after morning meal and buttermilk/chhaas after lunch. Milk can be had after dinner. Though these also contain mostly water, the properties are completely different and they actually help digestion and the body instead of hurting it.
2. SOOTRA – Always drink water sip by sip like one drinks hot tea.
3. SOOTRA - Drink water first thing in the morning. It is to be had warm at body temp and should be sipped like hot tea so that max possible saliva goes into the stomach.
Only if you are drinking water kept in a copper pot it need not be warmed up as it already has same quality as warm water. Mud pot water is also to be warmed up.
4. SOOTRA - Never drink cold water. It should always be Warm/gunguna or at body temp.
Paan to be had without kattha (brown paste smeared on pan leaf) so that you don’t spit out the juice/laar. Paan leaf should be kasaila i.e. kadva. The bitter it is the better. Desi paan is darker and bitterer.
WATER - Water should always be drunk warm/gunguna. i.e. at the same temperature as the body.
1. In case you are regularly taking in water kept in copper pot then you should stop for a couple of weeks after 3 mths of continuous usage.
2. Drinking cold water leads to decrease in blood supply to various organs. Over a period of time this leads to the weakening and hence failure of various organs and causes probs like heart attack, kidney failure, brain hemorrhage etc.
3. Drinking chilled water leads to severe constipation. Large intestine shrinks causing various other complications. This is applicable to other cold foods as well.
4. Drink water first thing after waking up in morning. Below 18 and above 60 shud drink only 1.5 to 2 glasses while others should drink upto 1.25 ltrs. i.e. min 3 glasses. This is the only water one should drink without feeling thirsty. Ghoont should be smallest. Try this for 6 mths and see the changes in health. Fresher, lighter, sleep will improve, digestion, pains, Heart.
5. Tumbler is an import, it is ekrekhiye which is not good. Lota is much better. Water takes the properties of its holding object and solutes. Lota is a sphere hence its surface tension is less. This is better for body. Well water is much better. Sadhus don’t drink water if its not from a well. Main property of water is cleansing. This is possible if the water you drink is of low surface tension. Example of milk used for cleaning skin. Same happens with intestines.
Choona - In paan is vaat naashak while Paan is pitta naashak. Max choona should be 1gm only. Saunf, clove, rose mix (gulkand) should be added to paan. Supari and kattha should not be added.
As a general rule the darker the colour of a natural thing the more effective it is as medicine. Jamun, tomato etc should be eaten a lot as they are dark in colour and hence helpful.
Anything with fat will help the jatharagni and digestion will speed up.
LAAR or SALIVA –
1. Morning laar is very valuable – wounds of people with diabetes are also cured by this. Even gangrene has been cured by this.
2. So is conjunctivitis cured.
3. Tedhi aankh, i.e. squint is also cured with this.
4. Dark circles under eyes – maalish with morning laar. Almost all skin ailments can be
treated with this. Burn marks, eczema and psoriasis can also be cured by this.
5. All animals use saliva to treat their wounds.
6. All the active ingredients of mud that are essential for the body are also available in saliva.
Nov 25, 2013